Bredbo Valley View farm - providing quality education in Permaculture and sustainable living practices.

Friday, June 14, 2013


We've been doing some work on the pig paddocks.   Our local farm contractor has been deep ripping parts of the property with a Yoemans plough.  This has made a huge difference on the penertration of recent rain into the soil.  We'll be seeding and adding probiotics to the soil again soon which should prepare the paddocks well for spring.

This morning I heard noises outside from about 4am.  I shuold have got up to check, but it was wet and dark.   By the time I did get up, about 5:30am we had about 100 lose pigs running about the place.  I'd forgotten we had not had sun for about four days and the solar powered fence energiser had run down.  Luckily I had the spare charging and by the end of feed time, with a lot of help from the boys and the Cook (she was wearing heels and a skirt chasing pigs through the mud - I love her) we ggot them all back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
Laser Land